Life as God intends for you to live it is nothing less than an adventure. You were born to live a GREAT ADVENTURE; You were created with a divine destiny; You are called to fulfill a great mission. You were designed for a unique purpose. Now, you are called to live it out...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

ACSD Indiana style!!

So, I am now in Indiana for the ACSD (Association of Christians in Student Development) conference. It has been a long, but adventerous day...the three girls missed our first flight out of Abilene, so we had to fly on stand by-but we made it!! Luckily, we had a layover in Dallas-but of course, we know that we will NEVER live this down. We can look back and laugh now, though-not so much if we would have missed our flight!! Thankfully we made it just fine!!

This is such an incredibly fun group to work with, and I love that we were able to get away from the campus and Texas for a week to grow, laugh, and learn together. There has already been lots of laughter-I could tell you some stories, but they would be hard to put into words ;) You would just have to be here and know the people I work with. It is a very eclectic and off the wall group, and we always have a blast when we come together!! Of course, we are never off duty-as my phone kept ringing like crazy tonight because camps needed more rooms and beds, and I had to figure out my desk schedule...madness, I tell you...madness!! Sometimes I want to throw that phone across the room :), but for some strange reason, I resist.

Things are most definitely improving, and I believe that this week will really help in this process. God is moving and working, and I am thankful. I am in a great positon right now, and I continue to focus on what all God can do through me!! I am really excited about all we can learn this week and how we can grow as a team.

I averaged about 2 hours of sleep last night and it is an hour later here, so I am off to bed (Guess where we are staying? That's right, in a residence hall!!) ;)

More stories to come later...hope you have a marvelous Monday!!

No comments: