Well, if you have known me within the last few years, you probably know how much I love NASCAR!! One of my best friends from college and her family are obsessed with it and they are the reason why I have also become addicted :) Currently, I only live about 15 minutes from the Texas Motor Speedway-I pass it all the time and have often dreamt of the day I would be able to attend a race. Well, since the place my brother bought is sponsored by Valvoline-we got free tickets to the race this past unday!!!!! Let me tell you-there is nothing like the sight and sound in person-it was AMAZING!!! I love love LOVE it when they fly by close to 200 mph-oh my word...not to mention that my first race was the first time Jimmie (my driver) won at Texas!!! :) Here are some pictures:

RaceDay with Kenny Wallace-I LOVE him!!


Cars lined up on pit road:

Me with Jimmie's car

Driver introduction: Jimmie!!


Green, green, GREEN!!


Going around the backstretch

Pit stop


Jimmie doing his burnout on the start/finish line
2 comments:
So cool, Katherine!! I can't believe you saw Jimmie win...what a great first race to attend. He is still our favorite driver and we are excited about the ending of this season...looking good for Jimmie!
OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't believe you got to go! That is so cool. We are very recent NASCAR fans. We started watching midway through this season. Jimmie is Jason's favorite, Carl Edwards is my favorite. How did you get so close to his car?? Very exciting.
I'm glad you tried the Pilgrim Pies!! They are really incredible, I have become so addicted to pumpkin stuff- I made pumpkin pancakes last weekend that were crazy good.
Good luck with Mary Kay! I know several people that do it, and it's always successful. Maybe this is where God will have you ministering. He definitely has a plan for you, you are too special!!
Post a Comment