I have to share this because it cracked me up today...someone found my blog by typing in "ACU" and "babes"...he he...I'll let you come to your own conclusions...
I have been spoiled the last few days...well, more than usual!! Thursday night I received a card and some great cookies from Jen, Christie, and Jessica (thanks girlies!!) and it just made my night (chocolate ALWAYS does a body good!!) ;) and then Tera-one of my other friends from the mentor group I am in, brought me this great bucket filled with (more) chocolate, popcorn, a teddy bear, a candle, and bubble bath!! What a wonderful surprise-it made my night even better!! Then I got taken out twice on Friday-first by Katie and her parents to Betty Rosa's, and then by Kelli-another one of the girls from my mentor group for Thai food! What blessed friends I have-just another testimony to the body of Christ...
I don't know why I have been so blessed but I sure am thankful!! Thanks for the encouraging comments yesterday-there is a lot of soul searching that is still to be done...but I know that God is with me, in control and and he is leading me...even when I don't acknowledge it.
Coincidentally (or not!) we have been concentrating on our purpose and calling this semester in our mentor group. Jeff gave us a chapter of a book to read about calling, and in that I read:
"All human beings are called to the human vocation. Christians have heard the call of Christ and taken up their vocation of being fully human (life in the church being an outcropping of the Kingdom and a sign of the age to come), and their vocation of humanizing the earth for God's glory".
By being born into the life of Christ, we are called to our Maker and are commissioned to live for His glory by reaching out to others who so desperately need to hear His name and to know Him. We have ALL been called to this ministry-I don't care where we are in our lives or walks-God can use us there. I want Him to make much of me, and I know He can-I am trying hard not to be discouraged, but I think a little questioning is sometimes healthy. My passion sometimes gets me into trouble because when I put myself so wholeheartedly into something, it is much easier for me to get hurt and to get down and to feel like I let myself down, when I know that a lot of that crap comes from satan. Anyway, the questioning will continue and I pray that my eyes will be open and the opportunities will abound-and I will be wise enough to realize them...
Oh, Jesus speak to me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You definitely have some good friends that truly care about you!
Post a Comment