Life as God intends for you to live it is nothing less than an adventure. You were born to live a GREAT ADVENTURE; You were created with a divine destiny; You are called to fulfill a great mission. You were designed for a unique purpose. Now, you are called to live it out...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Speak to me

Well, I guess I have been slacking in my posts...I had a lot on my mind to write about from last weekend that never made it to the computer. But now, it is finally Spring Break and I can breathe! I got an A on my sermon, my mid term is done and I have a week to relax, hang out with my mom and friends, SLEEP!, and work on the 2 papers and sermon I need to finish this week. :) I am actually glad I am staying here this week-I need it to rest and catch up on everything!

God has been showing me A LOT lately-I probably could not adequately express in words all that He has been telling and revealing to me...especially last weekend at the conference. I had really been praying that God would move and speak to me and tried to be really open to what He had to say; and He definitely did speak to me and I want to continue to be open to what He says. I am trying to learn from every person and experience that comes my way, even when I am being tried and tested. I know that He is always guiding me and hopefully using me for His glory, even if and when I do not realize it. Thank God for that!!

It has been a real struggle for me ever since I set foot in Abilene. I feel like I have been on one constant test after another, and I have definitely come out stronger and I hope to continue to grow. I have tried to learn from every mistake and experience and not run away from them, because I believe that if you do not learn from them-you will never grow and nothing will ever change. I see that a lot as I watch the freshmen stretch and grow and make choices that are sometimes not the best ones. I sometimes feel that I am getting a small glimpse into parenthood. Sometimes people have to put their hand on the stove before they learn that it burns them, and often that is hard to stand by and watch. I can walk beside them in this journey and try to encourage them to go in the right direction, but a lot of times they have to learn for themselves. I am thankful though that I have been given the opportunity and blessing to be able to walk on this journey with them. I realize that it is a privilege and am thankful for it...and hope I am doing it right!! Only by the grace of God...

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. ~James 1:12

More to come tomorrow on the topic of community...

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Awww, I love the book of James. Full of such good wisdom and words.

Congrats on the A!

Congrats on the stretching and growing. It's not always a fun thing to go when you're going through it, but it sure makes you learn a lot, and a better person for it.

Sue said...

Well, you were cut because you didn't update for about 8 months or something crazy like that. But now I see that you are updating a little better, so I'll consider putting you back on the list :))