Life as God intends for you to live it is nothing less than an adventure. You were born to live a GREAT ADVENTURE; You were created with a divine destiny; You are called to fulfill a great mission. You were designed for a unique purpose. Now, you are called to live it out...

Friday, June 18, 2004

The benefits of interning

Ok, so I just love being an intern! I don't think I've had to fix a meal since I have been here! We had an awesome home cooked meal at one of the elder's house last night, and we are having dinner at someone else's house tonight! It is yet another gorgeous day here in Juneau-blue skies and I think it is supposed to be about 81 today, and it got up to 82 yesterday. You have to take advantage of these beautiful, sunny days here because it could cloud up and rain anytime (and for days on end)...so of course, we (me and Daniel) are going hiking again this afternoon!

I wanted to share something that I read the other day out of John R.W. Stott's Basic Christianity:

"An appreciable number of people throughout the world are still brought up in Christian homes in which the truth of Christ and of Christianity is assumed. But when their critical faculties develop and they begin to think for themselves, they find it easier to discard the religion of their childhood than make the effort to investigate its credentials".

We have a big challenge in front of us to bring these kids into the throne room of God, and keep them grounded in the word of God so that when they enter the real world it is what they solely rely on and they do not falter! We have to make sure that they will "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for hope that you have" (I Peter 3:15).

No comments: